PDCA is used to reflect over a given problem and get some activities out from it. A given problem can be for instance
- A new project to reflect on
- Improving in a existing problem space
- Getting into solution space from a RCA analysis
- Defining repetitive processes
- Working towards continous improvement,
as the cycle might contain self-improvement
This loop come in some alternatives, for instance PDSA and PGSA etc but all of them basically refer to the same idea. The changes might have different relevance based on your need.
As a Side note, there is not seldom to see that PDCA is used together with the OODA loop, which take a more holistic and generic view of the problem. In contrary, the PDCA might take a tactical view.
You can find PDCA mentioned in the Hushin Kanri method.<< Back to list all models